October 12, 2007

Fall in Marbleton

I would be remiss if I didn’t tell you about fall up here. I’ve enjoyed some of the most beautiful fall weather I’ve seen in a long time. The leaves along the highway are changing color, and the bushes next to the creek are a beautiful golden hue.

As Bob Pliley from the WV3 would say (and has on numerous occasions), “You just can’t beat the Wyoming air.” This morning as I was heading to work, the air was crisp and cold, and you could smell the pine smoke from a neighbor’s stove. It made me feel like watching football. (Too bad Big Piney High is playing in a town that’s 2 hours away, and I don’t have either TV or a signal to watch football on TV. Maybe for Christmas or something.)

Yesterday, I took a late lunch and went to the park with James and Anna to watch them do some of their new tricks. Anna learned how to slide down the fireman’s pole all by herself, and James has learned to climb up the pole. It was such a nice day to be outside. I’m going to head home in a few minutes and try to take a ride on my bike.

Emily Minchew is coming down from Jackson to stay for a day or two on her way back to Salt Lake. So we’ll probably go to Pinedale tomorrow. I’m going to try and do a little fishing with the kids at Fremont Lake. It should be fun.

1 comment:

Hama Roska said...

My big city brother is becoming a rural mouse just like the rest of us. I have the same experience driving to work each day. The colors are changing and the timing is perfect for the sun to come over the East mountains and shine on the color of the Wellsville mountains. I love small town life, especially in the Fall.

Post a Comment