February 14, 2009

25 Random Things

As I feel like the absolutely last person to post something along these lines, here we go:

  1. I like music. A lot. I really learned to appreciate good music while I was on my mission, and there wasn’t any. All we heard, all day, especially during the summer was Cumbia. To which I say, “Meh.”
  2. I don’t play much music anymore. I used to could plunk out some tunes on the piano when I was a practicer, but I haven’t practiced regularly for years.
  3. My brother and I do not agree on how he broke his leg. He thinks it was on purpose. I know it was an accident. Methinks we’ll have to wait to get the real story in Heaven.
  4. You know those neat little playlists that people have on their blogs? I really can’t stand them. When I look at blogs, it’s usually after the kids go to sleep, and they always come on really loud.
  5. I speak Spanish, but not as well I did 10 years ago.
  6. I want to learn to speak Italian, Portuguese, and French.
  7. One of my favorite emails is the Word of the Day from Merriam-Webster. I get one every day. The coolest word I’ve learned this week is “slumgullion.”
  8. I think I inherited an interest in language from my father, who speaks enough foreign languages that when he was a bus driver, the kids thought he was ex-CIA.
  9. I really love to cook, but only if the knives are sharp, and the ingredients are quality. Dull knives and bad ingredients are the worst.
  10. I also really love to bake. Cookies and pies are my favorite, but I enjoy making bread, too.
  11. We lived with my in-laws for over a year while we were saving for a house.
  12. Even though I grew up in Utah, I now consider myself a Wyomingite.
  13. I may have read every book that John Steinbeck wrote. My favorite is East of Eden.
  14. I have had open heart surgery twice, and anticipate another one sometime in the next 10-15 years.
  15. One of the hobbies I list on my résumé is computer programming.
  16. Apart from my wife and kids, I consider my brother and sister my best friends.
  17. I passed all four sections of the Uniform CPA Examination on my first try, a feat which testifies that there is indeed a Benevolent God, because I couldn’t have done it without Him.
  18. My favorite food is spaghetti.
  19. My least favorite food is eggs. I like scrambled eggs and things that have eggs in them, but I don’t care for fried, over-easy, hard boiled, poached, or any other variation of cooked eggs alone.
  20. I have three kids, who I adore.
  21. I have three kids, who drive me crazy sometimes, too.
  22. My siblings and I all have a father-in-law named David.
  23. I am neither a Democrat nor a Republican. I don’t subscribe to the ideals or beliefs of either party. I do, however, usually vote based on economic principles, and for the most part, that means I side with Republicans.
  24. We don’t have television in our home, and we don’t miss it. We have a television, and we watch videos, but we don’t have cable or satellite or over the air signals.
  25. Even though I made it into the school spelling bee twice in a row when I was in elementary school, both years I messed up on my first word because I went too fast. Bummer.

1 comment:

Hama Roska said...

You're not the last one to post this. I can't tell you how many times I've been tagged but I can't think of 25 things to say, but thanks for stealing one of mine. (I consider my brothers my best friends) Love you!

Post a Comment