June 1, 2008

Life in Marbleton

Life for the Clarks in Marbleton continues. We haven’t gotten stuck in the truck, or lost any children to the wolves. I am always amazed by the wildlife that I see while I’m out running errands. I used to think that eagles were mystical creatures that nobody every saw except on the nature channel. Nah. We probably see either a bald eagle or a golden eagle every other week (and they are stunning to see, even when you do see them regularly). Every twice in a while I see deer in our neighborhood. Back as it started to get cold, I saw a huge 5-point buck browsing in our neighbors backyard. And pronghorn antelope are so plentiful, that you’d pretty much have to be blind not to see one. Moose are a little more rare, but in the nearly 12 months that I’ve lived up here, I’ve seen more moose than I saw in 30 years living in Salt Lake.

It’s hard to believe that we’ve already been up here a year. I’ll celebrate my one year residency on June 11th, and the kids and Julie celebrate theirs on or around the 27th. The time has passed quickly; I guess it’s true what they say about time flying when you’re having fun.

For those of you readers who may not know, or have only heard rumors, Julie is indeed with child. We’re expecting number three sometime in November. We’ll actually get to go on June 11th to the doctor for an ultrasound. I can hardly wait. When James was born there was huge anticipation for the ultrasound. We had it scheduled weeks in advance because our doctor didn’t have equipment in her office. It made the whole experience exciting. With Anna, we showed up at the doctor for an appointment, thinking that we might get to listen to a heartbeat or something like that, and then the doctor wheeled over an ultrasound, said, “It’s a girl” or something like that, and that was that. There wasn’t any anticipation, so it wasn’t quite as exciting as the first time, but it was still a great memory.

This is the first week of June, which means that I’m looking forward to a very packed week at work. The first week of a month is always busy because we’re trying to close our books. Last month was particularly hectic because of the board meeting. I’m hoping that this month will be a bit smoother, but I hear that there is lots of new debt and new assets, so I’ll be busy for a little while with reconciliations.

So, that’s what’s happening up here. I hope your life is just as exciting as ours. It looks like our next definite travel date in July 24th. We’re looking forward to the parade and seeing some people we haven’t seen for a while.

5 comments:

Rob Anderson said...

Congratulations on the new baby. We hope it will be a moose, since they are so rare. But seriously, congratulations.

Hama Roska said...

Yes, I too would like a moose baby. Apparently our other brother has not seen one yet and it makes him sad.

Way to go guys. I can't wait to hear what you are having and then what do you want from Uncle Drew and Aunt Hama. (Fingers crossed, wishing you want "peace on Earth and good will to man" or baby) ha ha

Aaron said...

Our brother has never seen a moose? I can't believe it. Impossible.

Well, I suppose he'll have to come up here sometime. We see moose regularly.

Emily said...

Thanks for sharing the baby news! Juile told me she and Aaron like the name Emily, but since it has been used on both sides of their families, they will probably not use it again. On the LC Harline family birthday list there is room for one (maybe 2) more name in November. Will this Clark family be at the B&E Crookston reunion this month?

Aaron said...

Emily M: When and where is the Crookston Reunion. I doubt we'll go. There are too many other things to do up here.

Post a Comment