August 3, 2008

Aaron Searle is Getting Released from the Bishopric

I was called today to be on the High Council, and since Aaron and I seem to have a knack for picking up similar callings around the same time, I’m going to predict he’ll be a Dry High Councilor sometime in the next few months.

It’s exciting and new. I was baptized by fire today with a disciplinary council. I have no authority to discuss the proceedings thereof, but I learned that they aren’t the scary things I always imagined they are, except for the Stake Presidency and High Councilors. The lot fell on me to speak, and that scared the heck out of me. That’s the news today. I’m pretty tired.

3 comments:

Andrew said...

Holy Councils Batman!!! I kind of expected it to happen, and it couldn't happen to a better person. Good luck.

David, MJ said...

My high council experience began with sitting in a disciplinary council. We had about three during my five years on the council so they dont happen that often. Two high councilors were assigned to be special monttly visitors to those disciplined. One council was for reinstatement. They are spiritual meetings. I am sure you will enjoy the assignment.

JED MAIL said...

I hope you love to speak in Sacrament Meetings! I've enjoyed the assignments that I've had on the H.C.'s. I was on the council in Magna for so long that they nearly passed out when it came time to release me and they found out how long I'd been there! If your stake president sees himself as a teacher, and not just an administrator, your assignment will be even better. It's a call that can bog down in details, but make sure you keep seeing the spiritual side of it!

Love you!
Dad.

Post a Comment