May 15, 2010

Grilled Chicken with Parsley and Rosemary

I made this up today, and it turned out surprisingly well. Thought you all might enjoy it, too.

Meat:

6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, mostly thawed

Sauce/Marinade:

1/3 cup corn oil
2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
3 tbsp dried parsley
1 tbsp dried rosemary
1/4 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chili powder
salt and pepper to taste

Equipment used: Weber grill and Kingsford Charcoal with Mesquite

The grill needs to pretty hot. I used about 25 coals in my travel grill, and that seemed to be just about right. This isn't like cooking steak where we want to get the grill as hot as we can -- this stuff needs to cook all the way through. Put a little oil on the grill to prevent sticking.

Mix up the sauce. Slather on chicken. Place chicken on grill, sauce side down. Slather sauce on top of chicken, and cover grill. Cook for about 3 minutes. Flip the chicken and repeat the sauce treatment, and cover the grill. Cook another three minutes, and repeat. Each side should cook twice, for a total of 12 minutes. Remove from the grill, and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice and serve.

Family gave the chicken rave reviews. Anna said "This is the best dinner I ever had." James agreed with Anna. Alden asked for more. Julie glowered at me because she doesn't ever have good luck with the grill, and then she told me that it tasted really good. Me, I don't like to toot my own horn, but "Toot! Toot!"

I'm curious to try this on a non-charcoal grill to see if it was the charcoal or the sauce that made this taste so good. I'm betting it was the charcoal...

2 comments:

JED MAIL said...

Chef Alden and then Chef Aaron! You guys are killing me with all this talk of real food! As soon as I get back home and get myself a Weber grill I'm going to give it a try! Love you!

Aaron said...

Mmm hmmm... nothing like real food. You'll have to come up and try some steak with us. Whoa!!

Post a Comment