November 25, 2009

Ebay and Paypal - Never Again

I recently used Ebay and PayPal to help get rid of some surplus equipment for work. I will not do that again.

Ebay has changed a lot since I used it a few years ago to sell a cable modem that I no longer needed. That transaction was quick, smooth, easy, and I got the cash a few days after the item sold.

This transaction has been a pain in the backside. The fees were exorbitant compared to the service we received. Paypal still has a "temporary hold" on the money "pending positive feedback from the buyer," in spite of the fact that the stuff was delivered a week ago, and we haven't heard anything negative. We also sold everything "as is." I am not interested in doing business like that.

I understand that there were/are issues with some bad sellers, but what happened to eBay's trusty "Caveat emptor?"

1 comment:

Kevin said...

I avoid both services like the plague. Sorry to hear you ran into so much crap.

-Kevin

Post a Comment