November 17, 2009

New computer

I got an HP Mini (netbook) today, and I’m still trying to get wireless drivers for Ubuntu Karmic Koala. It’s a love/hate relationship sometimes… Full review to come later.

Edit (18 Nov 2009): The wireless drivers are now working, sort of. It’s still a little buggy, and I may move back to the prior distribution before I start putting things I like on the mini.

Edit (21 Nov 2009): After talking to my pal and Ubuntu expert, Aaron, it was determined that a roll back to the previous version of Ubuntu would be best for now. It was a good call.

2 comments:

JED MAIL said...

I've got a laptop with Ubuntu on it, too. Love that OS! It's an old laptop, though, and I can't get it connected to the internet. Big drawback.

David, MJ said...

I remember several times when you were a reluctant participant in some family pictures taking. Then you became a Dad and slowly your attitude has changed. It's amazing what we learn as parents, isn't it?

Post a Comment