December 20, 2009

Moving to a weekly update

So, rather than abandon the blog completely, I thought I’d switch from an attempt at daily updates, to a weekly update. So, I’ll try to post once a week on Saturday or Sunday.

It's been a really nice Christmas season this year. I think a large part of being able to enjoy Christmas this year stems from the fact that I am not unemployed. That really put a damper on last year’s holiday season. I’m glad that’s not the case this year.

This week we participated in several events: On Tuesday night, I went home teaching for the first time in my new ward and met my families. They are all wonderful families, and I look forward to serving them for many years. On Wednesday night we had our ward Christmas party, and that was a pleasant experience. On Thursday night we watched our neighbors kids, and our kids really enjoyed that. On Friday night we participated in the community Christmas celebration, put on by the Bridger Valley Coalition of Churches. James and Anna were part of the primary choir, and they sang four songs. I was part of the community choir, and we sang four songs. It was lots of fun.

Yesterday we drove down to Ogden for the Prather family Christmas party. Santa Claus comes to their party every year, and it was fun to see the kids’ reactions. Alden was really scared of Santa, and wouldn’t even let me hold him on Santa’s lap. Santa asked me what I wanted, and I told him I wanted an official Red Ryder 200-shout range model air rifle, with a compass in the stock and a thing that tells time. (”Wow. That’s great.”) I also led the family in a rousing rendition of “Grandma Got Ran Over by a Reindeer” for the two verses I could remember. All in all, good times were had by all.

We're looking forward to a short week at school and work this week, and we’re going to try and enjoy ourselves as much as we can this week.

1 comment:

Hama Roska said...

It's good to hear that you are enjoying this Christmas season.

Post a Comment