July 2, 2007

DIY Plumbing with Aaron

David and MJ commented the other day that if I needed help installing the garbage disposal, I should contact them. Well, I almost wish I would have read that comment before I installed it this morning.

As I explained earlier, part of the fun of living in a semi-secluded town is that you don’t have a Home Depot or a Lowes close enough that you can run to the store three or four times during a project to pick up whatever it was that you forgot. So, when I discovered that the disposal Julie selected didn’t come with an electric cord, we became creative and resourceful. I went out to our trashcan (fortunately, the garbage truck had not come yet), and dug out the old disposal. 10 minutes (and a few under the breath curse words) later I had a very serviceable cord that worked quite well with the new disposal.

After an hour and a half of struggling with the blasted thing, and salvaging a few parts from the old one, the new disposal was installed and humming like a dream. Ah, life in the wilderness.

1 comment:

David, MJ said...

Good Job! Necessity is the mother of invention or cannibalism, whichever works. I'm sure this is the first of many creative endeavors! Check the Harline website for reunion plans on July 28.

As of tomorrow, we will have an official guest room upstairs. Emily is going to work in the Grand Tetons and is moving her stuff to her Mom's garage which is now empty because the boat is gone!

Post a Comment