July 27, 2007

Roping

Roping for “Dummies”, Thursday, July 26th 11:00 a.m – 2:00 p.m. Come learn the fine art of roping with veteran Big Piney team roper. No need to bring your horse, your rope or a calf. Lunch is included. Meet at the Pinedale Rodeo Grounds at 10:45 a.m. These events are free and open to the public. Please call to register. . .

We saw this ad at the local grocery store and then again in the news paper. So in keeping with my theme, “When in Rome, do as the Romans,” I called to sign up.

James was really into it. I think he did more practicing than anyone else there. He even wanted to skip lunch to practice. I convinced him to take five bites before returning to his lasso. One of the other adults commented about how hard he worked and how patient he was. He wasn’t real natural with it, I am surprised that anyone can be natural with a lasso, but he just kept trying. James has been asking for a lasso since we went to the Rodeo on the 4th.

Anna was not interested in roping. She hung out on a blanket for the first hour. Just before lunch I went over and showed her how to rope Mom and then she decided that it might be fun after all.

Mom roped a little, and was roped a little, and talked a lot. People in Wyoming aren’t scared to talk to each other. I made a few new friends. It was a great afternoon!

3 comments:

Greatest American Fisherman ever said...

it sounds like soon enough the youngins will fit right in with grampy Jed...all they need are some cowboy boots big glasses and a pair of false buck teeth! all joking aside. I am really glad they're taking to the country as well as they have. I have to admit I was kind of nervous to see them go but it sounds like they have taken to their surroundings. Emily says they have changed so much physically just in the last few weeks but I dont see it but I do see a growth in them and I am very proud of them. With the rate Anna and James are going, Ethan will not be the stongest tike in the family.

Hama Roska said...

Lookin' good. My favorite is that James wants to round em up so much. Way to go cowboy!

David, MJ said...

I thought it would take less than 30 days to get you on a horse and I was right! I'm guessing Santa will be getting a request for cowboy boots and a cowboy hat this year. I got my first pair of cowboy boots when I was 11. I got my cowboy hat before then. I dreamed of having my own horse biut had to settle for getting to ride my cousins horses when we visited in Woods Cross. Enjoy the ride- Love Ya- Mom H.

Post a Comment