July 12, 2007

Monday Bike Ride

First, I apologize for the dearth of posts this week. Our regular reader probably missed them. This week is a big week in accounting, and there has been a lot to do. Happily, though, I completed the reconciliation of debt for the past six months tonight. And there was much rejoicing. (Yay...)

Monday evening for FHE we took a bike ride through town. We started north of town and the fairgrounds, and rode five miles through both towns to the Church. In between Marbleton and Big Piney, Anna and I stopped to shoot some pictures. We hope you like them.

360 degrees of photo bliss 

We had a lot of fun riding bikes. Anna rode in our bike trailer, and I pumped with her most of the way through town. Surprisingly, I didn’t keel over dead after riding five miles, like I thought I might. James rode his bike the entire way, Mary Jean rode Shelby’s bike, and Julie and Shelby rode Mary Jean’s tandem bike. I didn’t realize that I had left my memory card for the camera in the computer, so I didn’t get any photos of anyone else, but David had his sweet camera, and took quite a few photos. It was like having our own paparazzi, actually.

After a bit, Julie and I switched, and Shelby and I rode the tandem bike together. We went through one of the neighborhoods on the way to the Church, and James tried to follow us, but we didn’t realize it. Julie and Anna had gone straight in an effort to beat us, and they didn’t realize that James had given up on Shelby and me, and was trying to follow them. Needless to say, when everyone showed up at the Church and James was not in the group, we all got really nervous. Julie kept her head in the game, though, and suggested that we say a prayer. A quick, but heartfelt prayer was offered, and we started backtracking to find James. We were fairly confident we would find him (there are only so many places a kid on a bike can go in this town), but it was good to know that the Lord was on our side, too.

I started out of the church parking lot going about 20 miles an hour, and headed down the road for about 2 minutes when I spotted a little red bike and a little red rider. (James had on his red outfit.) I was so relieved that he was OK. I talked to him for a few minutes, and he had realized that he was lost, but knew where to go, and kept coming to find us. We all met back up, and said another prayer of gratitude that James had been found. How grateful we are for a Heavenly Father who watches out for us.

3 comments:

Hama Roska said...

As your regular reader, yes the posts were missed. It's great to hear how things are going. We love and miss you all. We're glad James was found and Aaron didn't keel over.

Julie said...

I was so far behind on the bike that I didn't even know that Aaron had gone into the neighborhood. By the time I caught up with the group Aaron was already on the bike path and I figured James was just ahead of him. James was so mature and he handled it really well!

Aaron said...

I’m glad Aaron didn’t keel over, too. Thanks Emiya!

Post a Comment