September 11, 2007

Updates from Aaron

Things here are going along swimmingly. Julie got mad at me for spending time on the computer, so I have been avoiding it a bit over the past couple of weeks. We’re in the middle of period close for August, and I have a couple of big projects that I’m tackling in conjunction with that.

Seminary is good. The waking up early has been difficult, to say the least. When I was a missionary, we followed special rules in our mission to conform with the Chilean culture: In bed at 12:00 AM, up at 8:00 AM. Ever since then I have had a hard time waking up early. When Julie and I had jobs that started at 6:30 AM and we lived in Ogden, there was many a morning when I pulled out of bed at the last possible second, skipped breakfast, and then took a nap when I got home because my system wasn’t used to the early hours.

I used one of Andrew’s favorite phrases today in Seminary about hopping in the “Wayback Machine” and it went right over everybody’s head. These kids today just aren’t getting educated in the classics like they should.

I find that I still have trouble, although, for seminary, it’s been easier. I think the Lord has a hand in making sure that my body wakes up at 4:45ish so I can prepare lessons and teach classes. I still like to take naps when I go home for lunch, though. Have I ever mentioned that I love having work be only 3 miles from home?

Tonight I have a meeting to talk about inventory. Inventory is such a fascinating issue. Businesses can live and die by their abilities to manage their inventory, because for a lot of businesses, inventory is such an important part of operations. I’m curious to see what happens at the meeting.

I’ve got to go. Props to Andrew (invite required) and Emily for creating blogs. We sure enjoy reading about your escapades.

2 comments:

Hama Roska said...

Thanks for making me chuckle.

Aaron said...

How so? Did I say something particularly funny? I have to know when I tell a good joke so I can use it again and again and again. :)

Post a Comment