July 16, 2009

Topic 3: It’s finally summer in Lyman

July 16th will go down in my personal record books as the latest start of summer that I can remember. (Except of course for Chile, where they don’t start summer until Christmas time, but that’s another topic for another day.)

I'm not complaining, though. Every day has been in the oh&endash;so&endash;pleasant 70s and 80s for the past couple of weeks, and it’s felt just like spring. Of course, my allergies didn’t appear until mid&endash;June, so I knew that summer would be late. But it looks like it’s finally upon us.

Things that help you know for sure that the summer in Wyoming is here:

  1. The kids have been sleeping outside on their new trampoline for the past couple of nights.
  2. We all had a craving for grilled hamburgers.
  3. I grilled hamburgers.
  4. The sun no longer sets.
  5. The Utah Navy stops in Mountain View to get gas on their way to Flaming Gorge.
  6. The rest of the world has been complaining about the heat for at least 60 days.

That's all for tonight. Hope you have a lovely evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment